High humidity poses a serious problem for many facilities. Not only does excess moisture make occupants uncomfortable, but it can render a room less safe, encouraging mold growth and interfering with electrical devices. Similarly, in a warehouse or factory setting, uncontrolled humidity can damage products or even interrupt processing.
Maintaining a relatively dry atmosphere is essential to preventing these outcomes. However, residential dehumidifiers are not powerful enough for large spaces or high-volume requirements. Instead, facilities can turn to commercial dehumidifiers, which can remove anywhere from a few pounds to several hundred pounds of water each day. These systems make it simple to regulate air quality specifications, no matter the size of the space.
Commercial dehumidifiers can be split into two groups based on their mechanism of action. Desiccant units use materials like silica gel to extract moisture, while mechanical ones rely on refrigeration to condense water and remove it from the air. At DCA, we specialize in powerful mechanical dehumidifiers that perform well in diverse environments. These systems ensure consistent ventilation and optimal moisture management to keep interiors healthy and comfortable.
Where To Use a Commercial Dehumidifier?
Mechanical dehumidifiers are best suited for environments with dew points over 50° F and temperatures between 60° and 90° F. This range makes them effective for many types of buildings, ranging from fitness centers to factories. They work well for even high-volume needs and can help facilities comply with strict health and safety regulations.
Some of the many applications of commercial dehumidifiers include, but are not limited to:
- Indoor swimming pool rooms of any size
- Therapeutic pools, whirlpools, spas, and hydrotherapy centers
- Hotels, motels, fitness centers, gyms, and retirement homes
- Retirement homes, residential care homes, hospitals, schools and universities
- Processing and blendings facilities where hygroscopic material are being used
- Wastewater and freshwater management facilities
- Climate and humidity controlled warehousing
- Grow rooms, aquaculture, and vertical farming
- Machining and grinding operations where water-based coolant is used to cool tooling
- Custom applications where a desired specific dew point is critical
- High moisture load applications housed in small volume spaces
- 100% outdoor air applications
Many other applications are possible, and custom units are available to accommodate unique demands.
DCA Commercial Dehumidifiers
DCA offers a full range of commercial dehumidifiers designed for permanent installation. Before choosing a unit, it is important to define environmental variables and operating parameters. These include, but are not limited to:
- Desired room temperature served by the dehumidifier
- Desired dew point and humidity set point for the application
- Room size, building air infiltration, doors and windows, occupants
- Area climate data for the project
- Moisture load and source to be removed in lbs/hr
- Outdoor make-up air requirements
- Any unusual requirements such as a particularly dirty or dusty conditions
Typically, the system should provide six to eight air turns per hour. DCA can help you identify the ideal model to meet this requirement.
Whatever the specific model, all DCA dehumidifiers conform to high quality standards, offering high moisture removal rates with low energy consumption. Most are designed with attached ducting for permanent installation, all supported by durable construction. Outfitted with heavy-duty steel cabinets, these systems can endure harsh environments for prolonged periods of time. They also support continuous operation and a variety of return air filtration options.
DCA’s high-performance dehumidifiers offer the following capabilities:
- Remove large volumes of moisture present
- Operate on 208/230 volt (1- & 3-phase) or 460 or 575 volt (3-phase)
- Interface with building management systems
- Heat or cool the room in tandem with dehumidification
- Work with add-ons for particle control, odor removal, water heating, and more
Together, these benefits make DCA’s offerings exceptionally versatile. Whatever your dehumidification needs, the DCA team will work to match your requirements with the ideal commercial unit.
Why Work With DCA?
Dehumidifier Corporation of America is approaching 30 years of building expertise in dehumidification. The result is a comprehensive catalog that features the best commercial dehumidifiers in the industry. DCA’s portfolio includes dehumidifiers for hot tubs and pools, industrial facilities, indoor grow rooms, and public buildings with 100% outdoor make-up air systems.
DCA is proud to offer systems featuring state-of-the-art technology at competitive price points. Standard options include:
- Horizontal or vertical configurations
- Single or three-phase power options
- External gas or electric heat power sources
- BMS control by BACnet
- Indoor or outdoor/rooftop installation
- Water source cooling
- Dedicated control systems that interface with present building management systems
Custom solutions are also available for clients with specialized needs. A skilled engineering team is available to assist all clients with evaluating models against their facility’s individualized needs and constraints.
Commercial dehumidification is complicated, and DCA can help you find the best option to protect your products, staff, and facilities. To learn more about available models, review the latest catalog. For more personal guidance, contact the team or request your free project analysis today.